Document contains release notes for EMS Support Application.
Binaries can be found on the EMS Portal Downloads page.
Released October 20, 2021
Updated the Support Tool to support Android 11, such as ability to see all device packages. Additional changes include support for Managed Configurations.
- Removed internal ConfigurationModel and use configuration class provided by LauncherProvider.
- Added support for Managed Configurations to allow supplying application configurations.
- Fixed a bug in which EMS Portal could not request device logs through Support Tool.
- Updated the Managed Configuration to allow Launcher Configuration formatted JSON to be used.
- Changed activity orientations to 'locked', thus allowing for landscape orientation display.
- Fixed logic for the battery Max Capacity being sent as a zero value.
- Added an intent to allow MDMs to send new configuration URLs to the Support Tool.
Released September 1, 2021
Added new data points for NTP Server, Airplane Mode, Max Capacity, and Application type. New configuration option to allow turning off Speed Test UI and orgTicketBrowser to allow specifying desired browser for ticket reporting url.
- Added new data points of NTP Server and Airplane Mode.
- Refactored events to single class event mapping SupportEvent Re-pattern data retrieval.
- Display max battery capacity on Battery Details page and log capacity information along with the rest of the battery info.
- Added application type to ApplicationData class in order to sort out if the app is system app or user installed app.
- Added allowSpeedTestUI flag in order to hide Run Speed test button in Dashboard.
- Added orgTicketBrowser configuration with "com.bluefletch.ems.browser" value by default.
- Modified gotoWebview method to make sure no intent chooser to launch a browser.
- Localized the max capacity string.
Released July 8, 2021
Report the individual device setting that has changed and added display of distance to AP, and various application fixes.
- Added logging as to which specific device settings are changing in settingsChanged event.
- Added new EventDetail class to report Details data within the settingsChanged event.
- Fixed the Support Log processing for Intervals.
- Changed the Help Desk Submit logs button to send up all the EMS application logs.
- Added a scan for access points to perform a ranging request on it to retrieve distance from Wifi AP.
- Fixed crashed where Coarse Location permissions is missing.
- Display the range from AP in meters.
- Changed how Silent Activity is 'closed', so that it does not bring the support agent to the forefront.
Released May 10, 2021
Various fixes around FindMe notification display.
- Added dismiss button to FindMe notification.
- Fixed notification button not showing on Android 10 and not showing when FindMe is requested.
- Fixed crashing when draw over apps permission is revoked. Added a dialog for when draw over apps permission is revoked. On Android 10, FindMe dialog does not show anymore in favor of the notification.
Released February 26, 2021
Added new data points of NTP Server and Airplane Mode.
- Added System Alert Window permission
- Include NTP Server in network and boot events
- Added airplaneMode datapoint to networkevent, cellularchange, heartbeat, and applog events.
- Added wifi connection status to heartbeat and applog events.
- Added cellularState to networkevent, heartbeat, and applog events.
Released January 13, 2021
Rework for Find Device feature on Android 10, along with additional fixes.
- Added password dialog to access developer screen
- Additional translations.
- Reworked FindMe logic for Android 10. Now uses the Main foreground service to kick off the appropriate handlers
- Updated the Ticket URL logic to display an error alert if unable to open the Ticketing URL. Also added more error handling.
Released December 17, 2020
Support for Android 10.
Added Support for Submitting all device logs via MQTT request.
Various bug fixes.
- KitKat support
- Layout changes for Find my device UI
- BlueFletch Device logs upload
- Button alignments
- Scan result layout changes
- Event data compression when posting to GCP
- Additional Network information added to events details
- If cell enabled device, display cell information
- Added Cell Change event data
Released June 24, 2020
Updated the Active Location Tracking, via GPS, to better track devices using Cell. Removed the use of FUSE apis.
- Within Application list, update UI if application installed or uninstalled
- For Android 10, generate a unique device id and share via content provider
- Fixes for Silient Init Activity startup
- Active Location tracking
Released May 4, 2020
Logic to Request active montioring of GPS location changes, in order to keep data fresh(er)
- Added GPS Information to Detailed Network Event
- Configuration flags for controlling Location Request timing
- Logic to Request active montioring of GPS location changes, in order to keep data fresh(er)
- Prep work for Android 10. Device Id generation logic.
- Fix manifest for Silient Init Activity launching.
- If the Application Details Modal is opened, and that application is unistalled, close the dialog.
Released April 7, 2020
Various bug fixes.
- Null pointer issue when reading Linked Properities.
- Manifest alignment code fix.
- Added back in an empty splash screen, as event forwarder uses it.
Released March 3, 2020
Added ability to send events to BlueFletch and Splunk. Additional performance improvements.
- Added imei number to device details
- Moved changes to BaseReporting.java
- Refactoring for the Device Serial Number retrieval logic
- Support for Sending events to Splunk as well as GCP
- Added Aplunk auth token and url to ui display
- Removed dagger and dependency injection.
- Remove Splash screen UI.
Released December 5, 2019
Update Serial Number retrieval logic for Samsung devices. Update to the Icons
- Added new class for serial number retrieval
- Updated code for oreo devices
- Update the application icons
Released November 5, 2019
During Find Me Alert (low battery) sound will continue when device moves. Added License and Copyright display.
- Updated the libraries for copyright
- Added support label
- Added the device model to the system details fragment
- Updated the support version label
- Added logic for controlling sound on Motion during Alert display
Released September 16, 2019
Notification display fixes, such as turning notification badge off.
- Turn notification badge off on channel
- Changed the CHANNEL ID, and Foreground Id
Released September 4, 2019
Appusage changes and various fixes.
- Added a common static start method
- Added some un registers, a little logging, and deleted some stuff
- Set appusage events time to the time the events are posted
- Changed default configuration of appusage time to 30 minute intervals
- Changed notification icon to a png
- Fixed to prevent crashing on find me on Kitkat and Lollipop devices
Released August 8, 2019
Remove WebView usage, now using Chrome for Ticket opening URL.
- When opening a ticket, the default browser is chrome
- Removed WebView Activity
- Fixed getPath() in ConfigurationModel after removing useInternalStorage