Document contains release notes for EMS Messaging.
Binaries can be found on the EMS Portal Downloads page.
Released October 4, 2021
Added additional application logging and TLS support.
- Added TLS support using the Android keystore as trusted certificates.
- Added ability to publish to MQTT topcis through the Messaging application.
- Added additional logging and events, including information around messages received.
Released September 1, 2021
Added EMS exception handler library to report errors to Support Dashboard.
Released March 25, 2021
Fix for reconnection issue when server broker goes down.
- State should be connection lost, so it will try reconnecting.
- Remove confusing toast for custom audio
- Remove large icon for consistency with other foreground notifications
Released February 26, 2021
Fixes/enhancements to connection management, to improve support for connect / disconnect / reconnect scenarios.
- Prevent duplicate messages from being received
- Updated reconnect handler
- Updated with connect and subscribe callback for N+ devices
- Added stats page with test message capability
- Simplify duplicate message check, along with stat log
- Added a check for isRetained flag for duplicate checking (only retained messages will be checked for dups)
- Added a general crash handler
- Updated Manifest permissions for System Window and Background service start
- Added logging for component in which messaging is starting activities
- Add onRestartRequired logic, to attempt to self heal if acquiring connections < 30s apart
Released December 17, 2020
Support for Android 10.
- Android 10 support.
- Additional German text translations.
Released November 2020
Logging support and Internationalization work. Updated MQTT Client Library.
- Internationalization for EMS messaging
- Updated german translations from review
- Updated Support library
- Logic to translate base bluefletch packages to the EMM version removed unneeded files
- Dev ui in debug builds only
- Fixed package name in start activity
- Added null checks.
- Checks for notification interruptions
- Implemented new MQTT Client Library support
Released November 5, 2019
- Updated the way we check if notifications are enabled
- Fixed the heads up notifications
- Needed to check for the heads up channel being disabled
- Fixed mqtt connection issue
- Used Common Channel ids string
Released October 7, 2019
Android Compile SDK bumped to 28.
- Compile SDK changed from 27 to 28
Released September 16, 2019
Fixes for Badging and Device shutdown.
- Make sure Badging is turned off
- Updated Messaging to disconnect on Shutdown from Broker. have commented out the Unsubscribe at shutdown.