Document contains release notes for EMS Messaging.
Binaries can be found on the EMS Portal Downloads page.
Released March 25, 2021
Fix for reconnection issue when server broker goes down.
- State should be connection lost, so it will try reconnecting.
- Remove confusing toast for custom audio
- Remove large icon for consistency with other foreground notifications
Released February 26, 2021
Fixes/enhancements to connection management, to improve support for connect / disconnect / reconnect scenarios.
- Prevent duplicate messages from being received
- Updated reconnect handler
- Updated with connect and subscribe callback for N+ devices
- Added stats page with test message capability
- Simplify duplicate message check, along with stat log
- Added a check for isRetained flag for duplicate checking (only retained messages will be checked for dups)
- Added a general crash handler
- Updated Manifest permissions for System Window and Background service start
- Added logging for component in which messaging is starting activities
- Add onRestartRequired logic, to attempt to self heal if acquiring connections < 30s apart
Released December 17, 2020
Support for Android 10.
- Android 10 support.
- Additional German text translations.
Released November 2020
Logging support and Internationalization work. Updated MQTT Client Library.
- Internationalization for EMS messaging
- Updated german translations from review
- Updated Support library
- Logic to translate base bluefletch packages to the EMM version removed unneeded files
- Dev ui in debug builds only
- Fixed package name in start activity
- Added null checks.
- Checks for notification interruptions
- Implemented new MQTT Client Library support
Released November 5, 2019
- Updated the way we check if notifications are enabled
- Fixed the heads up notifications
- Needed to check for the heads up channel being disabled
- Fixed mqtt connection issue
- Used Common Channel ids string
Released October 7, 2019
Android Compile SDK bumped to 28.
- Compile SDK changed from 27 to 28
Released September 16, 2019
Fixes for Badging and Device shutdown.
- Make sure Badging is turned off
- Updated Messaging to disconnect on Shutdown from Broker. have commented out the Unsubscribe at shutdown.