Document contains release notes for EMS Playbook Agent.
Binaries can be found on the EMS Portal Downloads page.
Released December 10, 2020
Support for Android 10.
- New German string translations.
- Android 10 Device Id and ability to read SD Card
Released November 2020
Changed Sync during device cradle processing, and fixed reboot issues.
- Internationalization for Playbook
- Update german translations from review
- Remove Protected List info from Uninstall
- Logic to track the Last Play to cause a reboot
- Fixed Play Reboot on install flag
- Refactored the reboot compliance checking
- Added Try / Catch handler around get Platform logic, as sometimes EMDK class not loaded
- Version compliance check change for package uninstall
- Set Alarm to Poll only during device Cradle. If the Scheduled alarm fires, ie every 2 hours, then only do the sync if the device is cradled. Based on the Org setting
- Fix emass to ems and add disable lint check for all translations
- The Org Settings are in SECONDS, not Minutes. thus need to covert the value to milliseconds
- Changed how Alarm Job Service works. If cradled and option for only poll on cradle, then create a foreground service to track disconnect and to do the alarm
- More Logging. Little wait when closing the Foreground service to allow proper job scheduling to be set
- Update Support Lib Version
- Changed the code for testing if service is running. previous code was deprecated
- Logic to test if charging via USB, and if lose USB connection, wait to see if fixes self
- Wait for 2 seconds then retest charge status
- More logging and additional testing to ensure service is running during job cradle
- Reset the Notification message after processing completion while device cradled
Released September 17, 2020
Support StageNow XML processing and fix for EMM processing of Managed Configuration of Deployment Group.
- Allow for processing StageNow XML
- Support for Play versioning, compares the LAST compliant version with the Play/action version, if different, will apply the play,
- Set the play version and display in the ui
- Fix for EMM processing, if the application is currently enrolled in a Deployment Group, then Managed configuration changes are ignored
Released August 24, 2020
Additional changes to support EMM Registration
- Package version comparion updates for packages that do not follow semantic versioning
- Datawedge file updated for new Package names
- EMM Registration UI
- Menu option to submit logs
Released August 21, 2020
Additional changes for EMM Registration Support
- Various bug fixes
- Update logic to Close the Application on EMM Setup Action, if the device is already registered in the Organization and the device is being moved to another policy
- Allow for registration via scan code during EMM setup
- Added Global Error handler
Released August 20, 2020
Support for new versions of Android and allow registrations by Org Id. Additional Device state information sent to server.
- added foreground permissions
- If the Package Version of the PLAY is less than currently installed and the FORCE flag is false, then do not download
- If the File already exist on the system, then do not download
- Refactor Package Names. Change application name. EMM version do not auto update. Updated support library. Updated barcode scanner library. Fixed null pointer
- Registration by Organization Id and Deployment Group Id within managed configuration settings.
- Whenever an update is sent to server, send the PlayState.
- If there is a configuration object, and no overrides, then use the data from configuration to set the Override
- Ensure during Application overinstall that the default configurations are not wiping out registered information
- Changes to the Alarm reciever for Android 9+
- For each API request, add additional device information
- Changed how files are shared on BASE android device
Released January 31, 2020
Refreshed Icons and checksum of download files.
- Updated the app icon
- Clean up downloaded files
- Updated directories, and more clean up logic
- Added logic to check sum files prior to moving to correct location
Released October 9, 2019
Changes to support Android Oreo, moving from Receivers to Services, along with using Job Scheduler. Some file processing fixes.
- Updated to new support tool lib
- Fixed downloads if file is the same. Debug logging
- Initial work to move Playbook to service for receiver
- init changes for Notifications per foreground service and the new job scheduler
- Scheduling via Job Scheduler
- Added logic to receive a Message from EMS Messaging system
Released September 29, 2019
Icon update with Fixes during Un-registering of device.
- Set the version code when un-register successful
- Changed icon for playbook
- Updated the libs.json