Document contains release notes for BlueFletch Launcher.
Binaries can be found on the EMS Portal Downloads page.
Released September 23, 2020
Additional logic to detect workstation docks and switch to landscape if a large screen is detected.
Released September 17, 2020
Changes to how the scan data is sent to other applications. Update Manual Site Page to show all available sites by default.
Released September 17, 2020
On Site / Location changes ensure MQTT Messaging is subscribe to new location. Wallpaper memory improvements.
- Update the Access Scanner EMDK settings
- Fixes for honeywell set launcher default and site change option
- Fix to use different paths for provisioning files so launcher can disable other launchers
- New config "disallowSiteChange", if set to true will prevent user from changing the site.
- MQTT Messaging changes for Site Changes
- Fixes for low memory devices and file watch issue
- Add foreground service in application to promote the Launcher above the kill list
- Change WallpaperSetting to object
- Create separate WallpaperIntentService to handle wallpaper settings
- Add theme helper method to compare the theme configurations
- Add onFileModified callback in the MOVED_TO observer -- this is for SOTI and probably Airwatch after they copy the file down, they do a move.
- Also enable settings in EMDK, to re-enable settings on older device upgrades
- Do not unregister the Site Info Change Receiver
- Added missing permission
- Monitor the BlueLauncher directory for site list csv
- Make the Site Info Receiver setup a public method. Not sure if correct, but is NEEDED
- Handle the SITE Change outside of Logout processing. Make it unique, assuming user can not change site during logged in state
- On Resume force workspace render
Released September 8, 2020
General fixes and various changes for Android 10 support. Ability to submit Launcher Logs via Dev UI.
- Fix issue where packages defined with separate activities in layouts are incorrectly marked as duplicates so only one icon is showing.
- Look for OnResume in order to handle Scan Event
- Replace Build.SERIAL & Build.getSerial calls with SupportLibrary.getDeviceId()
- Fix issue where apps that use a similar intent to Launcher for scanning gets started while Launcher is in the background.
- Added a Submit Logs button to the Dev UI. Fixed Reload Configurations
- Change logout dialog to use DialogFragment so it persists on device rotation
- Update to Calligraphy 3 due to crashing on Android 10
Released September 1, 2020
Cradle Logout options, UI improvments, optional reauthentication delay, stability and security fixes/improvements.
- New delay option before user is required to re-enter their pin after the screen turns off
- New option to logout a user if a pin is not created after authentication.
- New option to allow user to keep session when docking a device
- New layout settings to support app icon label boldface type and font size
- Allow setting of the screen timeout/sleep from the Launcher (Zebra)
- Admin password security improvements
- Allow use of wallpaper image as-is without duoTone tint.
- Other UI improvements to support dark and light theme modes.
- Memory optimization when wallpaper blur is not required.
- Fix issue for clearing recent tasks on Zebra devices
- Fix issue where an error occurs when a user cancels out creating a pin for certain auth scenarios.
- Fix to correctly calculate top/bottom margins when switching from dark/light theme
- Fix issue where wallpaper is not set when the duoTone colors are blank
- Fix issue where Launcher crashes when a URL is launched and Chrome is disabled
Released August 21, 2020
Secure Notifications (beta), Group Inclusion support, Device Orientation by Device, Managed Google Play availability, fixes and stability improvements.
- Secure Notifications (beta) is now available (requires Notification Access).
- Group inclusion functionality is now supported with layouts.
- Performs deduplication of apps when a user belongs to multiple identity groups
- Allow configuration of the device orientation based on the device model
- Support for multiple URLs for device load-balancing and/or failover for connecting to a cluster of brokers without a load balancer (requires Messaging 3.x)
- Upgraded logging framework to be able to remotely pull EMS app logs from the device
- Additional enhancements for Managed Google Play compatibilty
- Support for custom/external site location logic
- Fixes an issue where session object can be empty during initialization
- Improvements to ensure Launcher is able to start Support Agent and Messaging background services during application updates
- Fix issue where the Launcher progress bar doesn't dismiss
- Fix orientation issues with older TC700H devices (running Android 5.1)
- Fix issue where the search bar overlaps with the bottom row icons in the Open Zone.
Released July 8, 2020
Improvements to Launcher UI.
- Fix issue where the home screen 'blinks' frequently when the Launcher was given notification access.
- Improve logic in Launcher to draw more efficiently.
Released July 2, 2020
Updates to Alert Dialogs, removed License Valid toast, and allowed more room if Location Services not utilized.
- Display only one dialog for Config error, license error or site error
- If Formatted Text is not being used, then remove (gone) the Location Field
- If the Screen is being turned on, calculate view state
- Some null pointer checks, check for height prior to drawing application
- Render performance tweaks
- Fix display of site info
Released June 24, 2020
Complete UI refresh, allowing changes to Wallpaper and Lock screen, with support for Light and Dark mode displays.
- UI theme settings, including dark/light mode, and wallpaper settings
- Developer UI Security changes
- Playstore Manage configuration support
- Allow for custom intents to include Session values
- Add ability for external applications to initiate login, re-auth, or logout
- Android X migration and stability enhancements
- Allow for controlling NFC Enable / Disable during login or application start (Zebra only)
- Allow for enabling WIFI Settings UI during application start (Zebra only)
- Support for Displaying System Actions on Home Screen
- Allow for session data to be included as Extras to application launches
Released June 2, 2020
Can now use Chrome Custom Tabs to launch shortcuts. Ability to launch apps in single app kiosk mode. Custom Fields feature to display file contents in UI.
- Default BF Keyboard settings values
- Enhancements to add support for signed platform service
- Updated Layout definition to have a KIOSK flag (true/false). Updated the Application Start Event to have a startKioskMode
- Implement single-app kiosk feature, passcode required on exit
- Moved window inset calculation to its own method
- Move some strings to resource file
- Add the keyPreview setting
- Fix for incorrect logic in ip range site location
- Adding useSecondaryAuth default value for generic re-auth
- Initial checkin of Custom Field work
- Using Custom Chrome tab to launch shortcuts. Also have ability to use another browser
- Added UI display of a custom field.
- Added check for potential null config entry or no custom field in view.
- Move config pull into the Config Change event to prevent null pointer configs.
- Fix the bottom toolbar offset based on soft navigation
- During application search, recurse through folder contents
- Added Package Name to broadcasts
- Fixed Decode when there is an INVALID license
Released January 28, 2020
Added platform update for OEM Platform Service (now supports Nokia Devices)
- Implement status bar lockdown via platform service
- Implement set default launcher via platform service
- Implement clear app cache, data and recents via platform service
Released January 22, 2020
Updated the Device Serial number logic. Platform updates for Honeywell devices. Added ability to scan QR code to load Launcher Configurations. EC30 layout support.
- Removed configuration enableOptiko. now support application support always on
- New 'legacy' honeywell platform and enhanced way of checking for default launcher
- Make list of launchers to disable configurable, if needed.
- Update Device Serial Number usage
- Tweaks to EC30 Layout + support for Voice on EC30
- Remove search from EC30 view for now.
- Support config settings for keyboard
- Enhancements for sitelist to monitor folder for file changes.
- Cleanup on check for downloads on ems folder
- Basic changes for qr code reading
- Updated logic to set data into UI adapter
- Accepts a Scanned QR Code to load configuration for Launcher
- Fixed issue where Download/ems/launcher.json was not checked on initial load
- Added conformation flow to the launcher configuration qr scan. removes download file, if exists
- Implement enable and disable package on honeywell platform.
- Support backward compatibility with legacy builds for honeywell
Released December 5, 2019
Update Developer UI to reduce confusion of current logged in user versus Admin User. Changes to the setting of Default Launchers.
- Set BF Launcher as the default after the user exits and reopens it
- Updated launcher icons
- Updated the Developer tools to message user about logging out first
- If error during login attempt, then Clear Recent Tasks
- Disable the Android Launchers when making BF Launcher the default launcher
Released November 5, 2019
Various fixes to support latest Zebra BSP.
- Fix for AppLog to send the actually Location value, not the string 'LOCATION'
- Fixed the Power Connect receiver, now registered within the Main Activity
- Re-added the BOOT Complete Receiver
- Moved Clear Provider and Clear Session to APPLICATION level
- Fixed application startup issue. When clearing provider, config has not been fully loaded at the time, so needed a null check
- Allow for Disabling Packages at startup
- Updated the Launcher Banner image to the new bluefletch logo
- Removed ‘s from tool’s, now is tools
- Moved Power Session logic into launcher. Fixes logout of session when device is cradled.
- Moved session “retain” logic into power session
Released October 8, 2019
Common Configuration uploader, to allow for easier remote debugging. Support for ADFS Auth.
Launcher will look for configuration changes in /sdcard/Downloads/ems folder.
- Changed default production Org ID to the new support org id
- If the Configuration file is not on the device, it will display an alert
- If debug build, ignore license and config check
- Made Alert dialog dis-misable via config change
- New feature: config upload
- Will get config, launcher version and expiration date
- Add permission READ_PHONE_STATE to get the device serial number on O devices
- Send data to eventAPI configuration endpoint
- Upgrade Retrofit to 2.x, OkHttp to 3.x
- Put in a workaround for a known defect in Android 6.0 M where FileObserver doesn't trigger CREATE event if folder is empty.
- Add feature to defer posting of config until a valid network connection exists.
- "No Config" Dialog can not be dismissed
- Updated the Config Missing message
- Moved unregister to calling function for readability
- Updated base configuration for new auth for ADFS 3.0
- Updated ConfigManager to check /sdcard/Download/ems folder for newer files
- Fixed missing function error
- Add separate recursive file observer for /sdcard/Downloads/ems folder. Existing fileObserverAction can take care of the processing
- Fixed errors being reported by IDE due to Timber usage
- Additional logic in fileObserver to differentiate between ems/launcher.json and blueLauncher/launcher.json
- Added debounce logic to notifyConfigChange method to prevent multiple calls when launcher.json is being updated (within a second)
- When Support tool is updated, logic will restart/re-init the connection with the tool
- Logic to catch Platform startup issue
- Added disable logic to the setting default launcher
- Added the disable off launcher 3 because the set default launcher profile will not always be run
- Changed the Clear Recent to only occur on Log off
Released September 16, 2019
Support for new Site location CSV. This allows for detection of the SITE / Location based on where the DEVICE is, not based on who is logged in.
- New SiteLocationService module: corresponding services for Loading Site Information. Merged loader and fetch services into single service Load the data on first request for location Store load file checksum in shared preferences to skip loading step if already processed. Cache location in shared prefs to load at next startup (except if using default config). Use config default siteId and siteName if no file is found
- Send location to support agent once location is known
- Moved setTheme to post config change
- Revert old behavior for setting location if useSiteInfoService = false
- Moved sitelist.csv location from /sdcard/Downloads to app folder
- Set base configuration useSiteInfoService to false
- Added logic to look for the show Badges on the Channel
- Updated Notification manager to NOT subscribe to topics if ORG not set but needed. Fixed subscribing for GROUPS array
Released September 4, 2019
Various fixes, removed logged in user id from the Notifications Topics
- Fix for occasional crash due to NPE with messaging service _connected variable.
- License logic now displays an Alert on Failed expiration
- Removed UserId from Topics Updated the Alert Message.
- Sending Event records about License Check
- Updated the Claims to match the new format updated license message
- If ADMIN logged in and using Layouts, if the Admin group exists within layouts, use that, otherwise default to displaying all
- Fixed scroll bar that displays on home screen.
- Fixed crash on ec30 because the height / width were not defined for hidden items
- Resolve Layouts issue where Folder contents rendered on incorrect view. Issue was getting the Folder View objects from the correct layout. Only affects when having 3 or more pages of icons