Document contains release notes for the BlueFletch Browser application.
Binaries can be found on the BlueFletch Portal Downloads page.
Released April 6, 2022
- Fixed a crash when site has no cookies during downloads.
- Fixed an issue where popups don't auto-close on submit.
- Added logic to allow a for specifying application links that use http/https, and open the corresponding installed application.
- Changed the Orientation from fixed, to allow rotation.
- Added additional logging to check for EMS API issues.
Released February 14, 2022
- Fixed issue where the File Chooser was not removing the File Callback after calling it on a cancel. This was causing an exception to be thrown.
Released February 7, 2022
Override User Agent, Window scaling overrides, bug fixes and enhancements
- Updated zoom support only when pinch-to-zoom is enabled.
- Updated the retrofit downloader method to pull site cookies when downloading from secure locations.
- Added an option to disable disk persistence for cookies.
- Instantiate shared cookie instance at application level.
- Added ability to override the default user agent by using the
- Added ability to override the webview settings
- Fixed issue with duplicate/missing cookies for downloads and oher pages in certain scenarios.
- Improved configuration handling in pop-up windows.
- Updated to display the title of the current page when the Browser is viewed the recent tasks.
- Fixed Browser crash when using using the camera or uploading files.
- Added flag to close the browser when the user taps on the device back button.
Released October 6, 2021
- Fixed an issue where the page doesn't automatically scroll when focusing on an input field.
Released September 27, 2021
New browser APIs, custom scripting, improved download support
- Added new browser APIs for Zebra Scanner, Keyboard and LauncherProvider support.
- Added configurable option to allow clear-text traffic.
- Fixed issue with blob URL downloads.
- Updated downloader to support self-signed ceritifcates.
Released July 22, 2021
- Fixed an issue with the Browser if the internal downloads folder does not exist after first install.
- Added encryption to disk persisted cookies.
Released June 24, 2021
Open websites in Desktop mode, support camera or file explorer when uploading to a site.
- Added new configuration
openInDesktopModebrowser setting to open a URL in desktop mode (instead of mobile version).
- On some websites where uploading photos is allowed, you will be prompted to choose between using the camera or using the default device file explorer.
Released June 4, 2021
Add camera, printing features, along with HTTP Auth support
- Added new configuration settings to enable camera, audio, printer access.
- Added support for HTTP Auth from the browser.
- Fixed issue with opening documents with Google Sheets/Docs, along with additional UI cleanup.
- Fixed issue where browser reverts to portrait when authenticating while using a display dock.
Released April 16, 2021
Add pinch to zoom functionality to webpages.
- Add the configuration setting "enablePinchToZoom" : true in the browser section to enable pinch to zoom on visited pages.
Released March 25, 2021
Fixes to Shared cookies.
- Fixes issue where cookie attributes are not being shared causing issues with GSuite SSO
- Use updated cookieStr instead of httpCookie
Released February 15, 2021
Added functionality to support download requests, with additional fixes.
- Add functionality to support download requests, and open the file in an available viewer.
- Fix issue found where cookie preview crashes the app on blank url.
- Additional cleanup to the toolbar UI.
- Extract Cookie title to string resources.
Released January 29, 2021
Changes to fix the "fix orientation" feature, and set it to portrait mode by default.
Released December 15, 2020
No code changes.
Released December 15, 2020
Ensure the browser task is closed if the back button is pressed on the last webpage. Support for EMS fast authentication
Released October 30, 2020
Various bug fixes
- BlueFletch Device logs upload
- Changed the Color Accent from White to the Primary. Fixes the White button issue
- Change the LAUNCH status of the Activity to cause reload of existing URL
- Fixed bug that caused browser to crash without the launcher
- Toolbar UI update
- URL Edit view updates
- Added editable flag and editable url view
- Changed progress bar to show inside the webview instead of above
Release coming soon.
Initial release of the browser.