User Guide: Audit Logs
Audit Log Overview
After logging in as an admin, the user should see a tab called AUDIT LOGS, where the user can review and search changes made to the their Portal instance and profile.
View Audit Logs
- Navigate to Admin and click AUDIT LOGS from the sub-navigation bar
- The user is able to view the the timestamp of the action, the logged in User who initiated the action, the action performed, and additional information.
- Some line items will have details of the changes that were made. These can be seen by selecting the expand function on the line item.
Events that are logged are called Actions. Below shows which actions are currently available in the Portal.
Action Definition login The user has logged into the Portal ssoLogin The user has logged in using their preferred Single Sign On method TermsOfService The user has acknowledged the Terms of Service create The user has created a new user for their organization passwordReset The user has reset their password activationRequest The user has sent an activation requests to a new, or previously created user changePassword The user has changed their password update The user has edited a previously entered field within the Portal instance.
Search Audit Logs
In the search field the user can narrow down their investigation of the logs by searching for specific filtered options based on the table column names.
- Enter search criteria and terms in the search box, and click Enter on the keyboard to initate the search.
Search scenarios and examples are listed below:
| Scenario | Example Search Criteria | |--------| ------| | To search for a specific user | "user:John Smith" | | To search for a specific database table | "table:Users" | | To search for a specific time | "time: 12/21/2020 11:16 AM" | | To search for a specific action | "action:login"|
- Searching for term that doesn't exist will inform the user that no logs matched the criteria that was searched (example- "action:Fletch")