Quick Start Guide
EMS for Zebra Devices - Quick Start Guide
These instructions are intended to be used for setting up an Android Zebra device with a built-in 2d scanner. For help with provisioning other devices, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or directly to your BlueFletch contact.
This guide will walk through the steps of setting up and registering a device into EMS using the default settings. Let's learn how to:
- Install the Playbook Staging app on a device
- Register the device into a Deployment Group
Install the Playbook Staging App
- Open the device browser and press the scan button to scan the following QR code onto the address bar, then hit the enter key: Alternatively, download the Playbook Staging from this link and sideload onto a device.
2. This should download the Playbook APK. Open the Downloads application and Tap on the playbookagent-*.apk to install it.
Note: The user may get an Install Blocked message – click on Settings and under Security, enable the Unknown Sources toggle (this is due to the application installing outside of the Play Store). After enabling this setting, go back to the Downloads folder and install the APK.
3. If prompted for the install location, you can select Let the system decide. 4. After the install is completed, open the application. The device is now ready to be registered.
Register the Device Into a Deployment Group
A Deployment Group is a user-defined logical collection of devices. Each deployment group can be assigned to a Playbook, and all registered devices under the deployment group will run the assigned Playbook.
Click this link to review a walkthrough that will assist with registering the device under the default Deployment Group.